Friday, July 23, 2010

Cartoony style sketches

Some sketches for one of my classes, Digital Ink and Paint. We had to design a few cartoon cartoons influenced by different styles.





First Page: A little kid wearing his dads cloths inspired by Sunny paper stuff like Family Circus. A girl I didn't like inspired by Dee-Dee from Dexter's Lab and a nifty little Samurai guy inspired by Cheeks Galloway's style.



Second Page: Bruce Timm inspired James Bond type chick, weird kid in a dinosaur costume inspired by Adventure Time, an Elvis superhero pseudo-inspired by Johnny Bravo style but not really. Than just an adorable Nosferatu.



Third Page: Space girl inspired by retro pin-ups like the kind by Mashi and Amy Mebberson. A 1920s take on Tex Avery's Red, an Edna Mode type older lady and the shoulder devil and angel.



Fourth Page: Some horror cartoons. Totally didn't mean to draw the zombie and werewolf in the exact same pose. The Fat Werewolf comes from a joke my mom and I were making while watching True Blood (I admit it..I watch it). Apparently only gorgeous, well built people become werewolves and vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment